Exclusive construction of these patented WATERMATE™ electrical connectors permits underwater plugging and unplugging with electrical power de-energized.
- Pressure rated up to 20,000 psi or equivalent to maximum 45,000 feet of seawater.
- Pressure balanced for easy engagement and disengagement in high pressure.
- Body is specially formulated neoprene rubber.
- Contacts are beryllium copper.
- Electrical specification similar to Series 51 and 53.
Some typical uses of underwater pluggable WATERMATE™ Plugs, Receptacles and Connectors are in power and/or control circuits for:
- Underwater instrumentation and control packages
- Underwater cameras
- Sonar equipment
- Underwater electrical power distribution systems
- Underwater lighting systems
These underwater applications are frequently found in: • Diving bells • Submarines • Ships • Diving helmets • Submersible pumps
For offshore marine installation of moorings, dock facilities, petroleum production platforms, etc.